Price: Free / $3.49
One of the great things about Android is the customization it allows, the possibilities are simply endless when it comes to what you can change. Not just the apps that you install, but the overall look and feel of the OS as a whole can be changed. A great place to start is to pick out a custom launcher. Launcher Pro is the tool to get the job started. Some of the features are listed below.
- Change the number of home screens from 1-7
- Multiple transitional effects when switching between home screens
- alter the number of columns and rows shown on the home screens
- Customizable dock
- Change icon highlight style
- Advanced memory management
- Widget resizing(Paid version only)
- Launcher Pro Widgets(People, Bookmarks, Calendar, Messaging, Twitter, Facebook, Friends, Gmail)(Paid Version Only).
The app has an overall performance boost over the standard launcher due to its advanced memory management. Layout is fairly simple and easy to understand, with most functions located only one page deep in the preferences menu. Setting up your home screens can be a bit clunky as there is no option to move icons/widgets from one home screen to the next, but overall it's a great buy if you are looking to do a little customization.